Friday, August 14, 2009

doesn't like the beatles?

So my friend just tweeted that his wife does not like The Beatles - and the entire time they dated he listened to Sgt. Pepper's.

How is this possible? Who doesn't like The Beatles? I mean, really? My cousin and her husband are married because of The Beatles. Their second son's name is Julian Sean.

I understand not liking other early rock - perhaps because it it too closely aligned to other forms of music one may not like. (This has never been me.) But, The Beatles?

I'm just... WOW. WOW.

My friend has now moved on to see if his wife likes Pink Floyd. But I have since found out she doesn't like Elvis.

I continue to be disturbed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like the Beatles either.
I like all sorts of music, but i generally can't stand teh Beatles. Don't know why either.

Sports Chump said...

Preface: I was raised on Beatles' music.


I used to bartend back in the day.

A former customer of mine, born of the Beatles generation, once said "The Beatles never wrote a bad song."

I'd have to agree.

To not like the Beatles is perfectly acceptable. After all, music is a matter of personal preference.

But to not recognize them as perhaps the greatest rock and roll band of all time is simply delusional.