Thursday, August 13, 2009

brother watch: day one

I am in the Greater Chicagoland Area for a week spending time with my little brother while my parents retirement home shop in The Villages.

The day started VERY early with a drive to the airport to drop off my parents. It is not a long drive, per se. However, it was long due to the Republican anti-health care legislation. My eyes were completely glazed over - and not from the early hour. I survived the lecture and the parents were - and safely arrived in Florida and the glorious Florida steamy weather.

My little (okay, so 19 is not sooo little) brother and I had a late start. He slept in and I had laundry to do. Then we went to the driving range. A three story driving range. That was a quick $20 of the $100 the parents left two adults for seven days. I have a feeling I'll be spending money I don't have so that we are not bored in the house the entire week. Oh, well.

My brother is a good kid. A very kid. I'm interested to watch him more and talk to him more this week. I think, in some ways, we are alike in that we both like our alone time to mull things over a bit. Interesting. Stay tuned for more…


Looking forward to a bike ride around the lake in the morning.

No comments: