Monday, September 11, 2006

do you remember where you were five years ago today?

i remember very well, as if it were yesterday, the details of september 11, 2001.

my very good friend sab decided this morning to look at the positive... how far we, the girl posse, have come... here are some of her thoughts. and, please, take a look at the positive in your life.

I was driving to work this morning hearing all the talk of remembrances and memorials for the 5th anniversary of the events of September 11th and I was thinking about where we all were five years ago and where we are now. All of us were living in the DC area and most had just celebrated the best wedding ever (go A and N)!! Now three of us have moved to the Midwest and I for one can honestly say I NEVER thought that I would be living in Battle Creek , MI but here I am. Big Red is on her way to becoming an Esquire and KL and working to fulfill her dream of becoming an Inn Keeper. HAP is kicking ass and taking names at SEIU before you know it she will be running things over there Andy Stern look out!! EDH is becoming trainer and facilitator master over at Equal Justice Works and NKO has become Earth Mother Goddess and Momma Bear to the extreme!!
The core posse and the extended tribe has grown with Owen, Soren, Thea and soon baby Boy Margo (according to Owen).

We have become spouses, parents, pet owners, homeowners, and car owners in the past five years. Seen therapists come and go but the GP has remained connected and for that I am truly grateful.

We have come a long way ladies and I want you to know how much I love you all and how blessed I feel to have you in my life. I am so proud of all of you. I am always amazed at how strong you all are and how you meet every challenge head on and with such courage. You have provided me with a well of strength on so many occasions and on a day when the world is remembering a day where the nation showed strength I wanted to take a moment and celebrate and give thanks to the wonderful women who help keep me going when things get bad.

i love you, too, sab.

No comments: